Attention LiveCrumb users!!!

I finally decided that getting patches committed to mutter is slower than I would like and forked mutter to github for future development. This is good for me because I can more quickly and easily work on new features for livecrumbs. It is not the best because people wanting to use my livecrumbs work will need my special mutter.

I will continue to push patches upstream to mutter, let's hope they continue to get accepted. I have my fingers crossed.

People that want to continue to use my livecrumbs branch of gnome-shell will also now need to add my linux4kix branch of mutter. Within your local mutter git repository please run the following commands.

git remote add -f linux4kix git://github.com/linux4kix/mutter.git
git checkout -b linux4kix
git pull linux4kix linux4kix

This may not be the most efficient way to do this, as I am not very git literate. Please comment if there is a better way to do this.

What does this get you. Right now it gets you property notifications, so I can update window titles when they change. It also has the bits needed to get demands-attention code working. This branch of mutter will also allow me to publish my code to undecorate maximized windows.

posted on Sunday, July 26, 2009

2 comments:

bgedan said... 7/27/2009 5:25 PM  

Hi John,

thanks for the info. There's currently a problem with compiling. Autogen tells me about an unresolved dependency: "mutter requires clutter version 0.9.3"

In the git repository from the jhbuild script there's no tagged version 0.9.3. Next version < 0.9.3 is 0.9.2. Next version > 0.9.3 is 0.9.4. Both do not heal the dependency issue.

Any hints?

Thank you so much!

Greetings
Bennet

Jon Nettleton said... 7/30/2009 11:57 AM  

I got a little behind and just found out yesterday they updated clutter to 1.0. I have made the necessary patches and will upload them after dinner.

Post a Comment