LiveCrumbs

Finally some time to hack, and getting back to the crumbs was just what I needed. I felt that the flat list was very dated at this time and wanted to take advantage of some of the new features of mutter and gnome-shell. Hence the live windows breadcrumbs were born. The window and workspace lists were replaced with drawers that held live previews of all the applications on your current workspace, and all workspaces open on your desktop.


The initial announcement was well received, and I now had more work ahead of me. I followed up my announcement with a public git repository and a youtube video. Things were good.

Quick side note, you can add my livecrumbs branch to a current gnome-shell git checkout with these commands.

git remote add -f linux4kix git://github.com/linux4kix/gnome-shell.git
git checkout linux4kix/livecrumbs
Oh and of course Screenshots!!!

posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009

0 comments:

Post a Comment