Demands-Attention!!!

It is finally here, well mostly finally here :-).

I hashed out the final bits and have a working version of demands-attention window notifications. It isn't perfect but works quite nicely within a single workspace at a time. Yes I know that is something still on the todo list. I need to figure out how to get window notifications from all workspaces.

Besides that I have landed the core bits I needed to start adding a lot more window action features in crumbs. The next bit I will nail down is undecorating maximized windows and managing them from the window crumb. All the hard work is already in git for gnome-shell now I just need to work out th emutter bits. Currently mutter throws a fit when I try to undecorate a window while it is being maximized...but I digress.

First the screenshot.

The differences are subtle but there. Next to the window crumb you see the ! icon that does a dual purpose job. It subtly notifies the user that a window has asked for attention. It does this by slowly pulsing 3 times and then staying on. It's second duty is a quick way to bring the windows-demanding attention to the foreground. If you click on the ! it will bring each window to the front in the order that they asked for attention.

If you prefer a more methodical approach to window selection you will find windows that have demanded attention highlighted in a soft rose color. Hey it fits the color scheme and grabs your attention.

Try it out, give me feedback. I am sure there are little bugs here and there so please tell me about them. Overall enjoy.

posted on Saturday, August 01, 2009

0 comments:

Post a Comment