The sounds of silence

The past week I have been full of all sorts of busy getting ready to pack up from Denmark and make my way over to Vancouver. Well I have landed and found a free wireless access point, so here is another post.

Bit by bit I have been working on livecrumbs and my other gnome-shell modifications to provide a better user experience. Of course the guys at the official gnome-shell project are doing the same. Sometimes our divergence of work causes me to go back and revisit some of the changes. This is going to continue to be the case until gnome-shell gets a proper plugin system.

I have recently done some updates that bring my changes back into gnome-shell proper. What is interesting is that with the addition of the "application" panel item gnome-shell is starting to look more and more like breadcrumbs. I have also heard that they are planning on implementing functionality that I already have landed in crumbs. Small world.

On the plane ride over to Vancouver I have finished out some smalls bits for gnome-shell netbook edition and will start to land those as time permits over the next few days.

Time for breakfast!

posted on Saturday, August 15, 2009

0 comments:

Post a Comment