Baby Steps Forward

Tonight I pushed the bits to my mutter and gnome-shell branches to enable the new "maximized window behavior. The idea is that maximizing a window will undecorate it and move the window controls up next to the application menu, or window crumb in my branches case. On netbooks this behaviour is invaluable for giving the user a bit more screen real estate. This will be the default behavior on netbooks once I land my next set of changes.

I have thought a bit about how I want to integrate livecrumbs as a feature into gnome-shell. I am not going to cover any details right now as I want to hash out the ideas in my head a bit more.

I am always interested in ideas so feel free to add them in comments or catch me on #gnome-shell or send me an e-mail.

posted on Monday, September 07, 2009

0 comments:

Post a Comment